Vous êtes ici: Home > Our Work > In Togo
Essential oils out of their own land!
July 2012 - Company LMC s.a. is witnessing the fruit of its work and of FOR’s investment: on 3 hectares, a plantation of citronella as far as the eye can see, soon ready for harvest in September.
The challenge, for « the house of Citronella », is now to make its unit of extraction productive, which will enable the transformation of citronella into essential oils.
1. Country: Togo
2. Place of intervention: Where is it?
3. Problems to be solved: the local population is leaving its territory and its fields.
4. FOR’s stakes and mission: to break the cycle of poverty and to promote agriculture in Togo.
5: FOR’s intervention:
Implementation of microcredit
Education of children
Creation of, financial support and coaching for the LMC company (La Maison de la Citronnelle - « The Citronella House »): production of essential oils.
6. The start of FOR’s mission: 2006
7. The assessed duration of FOR’s mission: depending on the outcome and closure of the above projects.
Depending on provision from new partners and donors, FOR Foundation will further implement:
Sale of LMC essential oils in Europe
Production of hygiene and care products for the population in Togo
Economic optimization of crops: production and sale
Urbanization of one or two villages, with a church, schools and medical clinics.